WARNING - Work in Progress

WARNING - Work in Progress
WARNING - Work in Progress

Sunday, January 31, 2016

WARNING PREACHY - 01/31/2016


I am writing about a Podcast[1] that I listened to which talked about how the priorities of aviation can share the priorities of ministry.  These priorities are simply to:

1.       Aviate (properly fly the plane), then to 
2.       Navigate (determine how to get to your destination and get there), and after those two priorities have been met then we can 
3.       Communicate (radio others about what is happening out here) 

This morning I am completing my discussion with the third priority of aviation – Communication and my Christian faith.

So in following the priorities I am confident in my faith.  Because of the resurrection of Jesus from the dead my plane is indeed flying[2] flat and level.  And since my plane is in the air I am now navigating, living my Christian life being guided by the Holy Spirit of Jesus[3].  Since these first two priorities are realized then I can move onto the third priority of my faith:  Communicating.

I once listened to a podcast by a guy name Roy H. Williams (aka. TheWizard of Ads) who is a marketing guy.  His main point is that how a message is delivered is not nearly as important as what the core message is[4].  His point leads me to conclude that too often we preachy type people get distracted from the core message of what we are trying to communicate.  I believe this is because we get focused on the how to communicate rather than keeping focused on exactly the what we want to communicate.  So in this post I am going to suggest the what of the Christian communication.

The Christian, no matter the method, needs to communicate the Gospel and the word gospel means “good news”.  So what is the "Good News" of Christianity?  Simply that a man named Jesus has redeemed us – All of us.

It’s true.  When Jesus died on the cross he did so to pay the penalty of sin and to conquer death in this world.  With his shed blood mankind was released from the enslavement to sin and the Law.  Jude verse five points this out.

“Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe.”  Jude 5

What Jude is reminding us here is that when God redeemed the Israelites from the Egyptian enslavement (back in the days of Moses) he did so completely.  He redeemed every last one of them taking them all out of Egypt.  But it was later when those who would not believe that were destroyed. 

This makes the Gospel Message really Good News and worthy of our rejoicing and celebration but if (as the Scriptures state) we having been redeemed by the blood of Jesus and still refuse to believe and repent then there is nothing left but judgement.

So we recognize our plane is indeed flying and we are genuinely navigating our way through this life on our way to eternity with Jesus, we communicate to the world that the blood of Jesus has indeed set us on our way and if you want, there is a plane called faith just waiting for you as well. 

The Christian communication is actually quite simple, the question is always if anyone out there is hearing it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment