WARNING - Work in Progress

WARNING - Work in Progress
WARNING - Work in Progress

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Search For Jesus – 12/13/2018


WARNING PREACHY… (preaching to the choir)


In his excellent book Six Word Lessons to Discover Missional Living[1], Dr. DeVries wrote in the third chapter “People are searching to know Jesus.”   

I remember when I was young, every September I would sift through the Sears catalogue and circle every toy I just had to have for Christmas--in December.  During the process I would wind up circling everything but there was always that one-thing I just had to have and I would spend three amazing months fantasizing about it.   I was very much like that kid that had to have the Bee-bee gun for Christmas.  Well, Christmas morning would arrive and more than likely I would not get that new dirt-bike, but once in a while I would get something I just had to have.  And you know what, after a few minutes that thing that I just had to have lost its luster and I was back looking at the other toys in the Sears catalogue.

As I grew up this pattern grew with me and I found that my relationships with the women in my life was very much like all those toys I just had to have; none of them satisfied for very long before I was looking at the catalogue again.  It wasn’t until I met Jesus thatI discovered reality and a love that lasted, it was not until then that thewomen in my life were no longer play-things and people to be loved, cherished,and died for.

Not everyone’s story is like mine, but I believe DeVries is correct, people are all searching for Jesus and they don’t even know it.  Get DeVries’ book and join in the work of the harvest.  

(Order a copy from Amazon here:  http://a.co/d/1CropEG)


[1] Six-Word Lessons to Discover Missional Living: 100 Six-Word Lessons to Align Every Believer with the Mission of Jesus by David DeVries; http://a.co/d/1CropEG

No comments:

Post a Comment