WARNING - Work in Progress

WARNING - Work in Progress
WARNING - Work in Progress

Sunday, July 3, 2016

A Quantum God - 07/03/2016



WARNING PREACHY

“If quantum mechanics hasn’t profoundly shocked you, you haven’t understood it yet.”

~ Niels Bohr

There is a thing called “Quantum Entanglement” and it shows that photons (I hope I have this right) that are entangled react in sequence instantaneously with one another though they be separated by space – even light years away.  Einstein (a German physicist) poo-pooed quantum entanglement because it wasn't rational and would mean that whatever linked the information passed between the entangled photons passed faster than the speed of light – thus ignoring E = MC2.  Niels Bohr (a Danish physicist) on the other hand argued that though he could not explain or prove it, there was some sort of spooky link between the photons that caused them to act exactly as they did[1].  Physicists to this day are completely baffled by the philosophy of the quantum mechanical world and spend lots of time and money to continue to learn about this almost supernatural world that defies the laws that humans have already accepted as the Laws of our larger universe.

I have spent a good amount of time learning about quantum science, and while I do admit that I really am not smart enough to fully understand it all, I do understand enough to recognize why it is so shocking.  But honestly, it is not all that shocking to me because I believe in the spiritual world of the universe.

I start with an understanding of the universe that says that it was created.  It was created by an infinite God who is without beginning or end.  Seriously, after I have processed this for a while in my brain, quantum mechanics is intriguing to me, but not really shocking.  For if God created the universe out of sub-atomic matter (the building blocks of all life) I am not at all surprised, just awed, that it acts as it does.  However I was shocked when I learned that this God became man and made his dwelling among us mortals.  (John 1:1-18) [2]

I think the problem between me and the physicists is that I am not vested in explaining the physical world without the spiritual.  Quantum entanglement seems to suggest it.  The shocking mystery is resolved when I am open to the possibility of the spiritual in our world.  For if the spiritual creator of all things could transpose himself into a physical human being then He could certainly transpose the matter in to waves and back again.  This was a concept that eluded both Einstein and Bohr.

But that’s just me, I believe in a God who is not bound by the rules that I have for Him[3].



[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvuH8cbkuvM
[2] https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1%3A1-18&version=ESV
[3] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_UQG1La1o

No comments:

Post a Comment