WARNING - Work in Progress

WARNING - Work in Progress
WARNING - Work in Progress

Sunday, November 15, 2015

WARNING: PREACHY - 11/15/2015



Colossians 3:12-25 - 4:1 (Part 3)

There are people that ooze compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, patience, forbearance, forgiveness, and/or love in varying amounts and degrees.  I just don’t seem to be one of them.  As God’s people the Apostle Paul instructs Christians to “clothe yourselves with” (Colossians 3:17-25) all of these virtues. 

My friend and I were talking about the idea of “pressing in” on the Holy Spirit and spending more one-on-one time with Jesus in prayer and meditation.  I admit the difficulty in “putting to death” (v. 5) those things that are earthly in my actions as well as clothing myself with those things that are Godly, but I fully recognize that it is only by doing everything in the name of Jesus that allows me to even begin to see victory in my life.  And as though by accident, I occasionally do.

When I read that I am to “take off my old self with its practices” (v. 9) I am mindful that I did just that when I met Jesus at His Cross, and today I am ever so-slowing inching myself into a new set of spiritual clothes (ethically speaking).  Read through the chapter and see if you aren’t as well.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians+3%3A22-4%3A1&version=NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment