WARNING - Work in Progress

WARNING - Work in Progress
WARNING - Work in Progress

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Why Did God Choose Death? - 11/01/2019

Warning Preachy...

Did you ever wonder why God chose death as the way of redeeming mankind?  Why death and blood and everything?  I know there are a lot of answers to this but something hit me the other day that I thought appropriate and simplifying to the discussion.

In the garden of eden, Adam had Life in perfect communion with God. But then in the attempt to discover himself and the world he ate of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and he then DIED to life.

Now, we sons of Adam are called to DIE to ourselves and to this world and go to the Tree of Life (Jesus who DIED for sin) in order to get back the abundant LIFE that Adam gave up in the garden so long ago.

It seems to me that God didn’t choose DEATH as the means to redeem men but rather Adam (man) did when he chose DEATH to taste the apple.  So In the same but reverse way then we men have to choose DEATH to ourselves and this world in order to gain LIFE in God to be restored to the garden again. 

I’m sure someone in theology-land has already made this very point but it’s a new thought to me and helps me classify things in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment