WARNING - Work in Progress

WARNING - Work in Progress
WARNING - Work in Progress

Sunday, March 6, 2016

He Lives - 03/06/2016


WARNING PREACHY

Either He does or he doesn’t, it’s a pretty straight forward approach.  If a man who was executed actually rose back to life from the dead then everything changes.

One day back in 1994 I was living my life pretty enjoyably.  I was young, single, I had a great job, I was making great money, and my new employment had me living an hour from New York City or Atlantic City (my choice).  I was living across the street from the Atlantic Ocean and saw the most amazing sunrises each morning.  I was living the dream (for a single guy).

Living in a new location and having a job that did not require me to work weekends left me with plenty of time to think and of course introspection came into it.  One of my thoughts was about God and exploring what was true and what was not.  While doing this I was faced with the concept of the resurrection from the dead.

Like every American I had heard the claims of Jesus.  My mother was a Christian and forced me to church as a kid.  I resented much, enjoyed some, but still I had heard it.  Then in 1994 I was on my own, making my own decisions, thinking my own thoughts, and I had come face to face with the question of whether a dead man actually had raised back to life or not.  And the thought occurred to me; if I concluded that it was true then it must change everything for me.  I reasoned that if anyone was allowed to speak to me about life and death it was certainly the man (or woman) who had been dead, was buried, and then rose back to life again.

I had always been taught that something was true because “the Bible tells me so”.  While my understanding of things was basically because of just that, in retrospect I realize now that I had come to believe that a dead man did rise back to life again because I had a spiritual “Ah-ha” moment - A moment when everything in my soul seemed to align with the universe.  You can call it gas if you like but I was there, it was more than that.  The realization I had was a very real spiritual awakening for me that forever changed my life – and for the better I confess.

Today, the biggest problem that we have in our country is that people do not really believe that He Lives.  I think they may believe the Bible enough to go to church and struggle with religious morality but if they actually believe in a resurrected man (who was dead and is now again alive) spiritually indwells them, that would change everything.  And I believe it's that straight forward.

Take time and consider today if you sing the words He Lives with any real faith or if you just religiously mouth the words believing just because the Bible tells you so.  It really does make a difference.

John 20:19-22

On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF6aBDS3drA
---
He Lives…

I serve a risen Saviour,
He's in the world today;
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him
He's always near.

(Chorus)
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He live, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And tho my heart grows weary
I never will despair;
I know that He is leading
Thro' all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.

(Chorus)

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him,
The help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.

   (Chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment